Pre- and Post-Loan Support
Community Capital Business Advisory Services provides technical assistance to borrowers
Community Capital offers optional, free pre- and post-loan support to help you navigate the challenges of starting and running a small business. Using your loan funds effectively is key to long-term business success, from the time you anticipate receiving a loan, until you sell or transfer your business. Working with experienced Business Advisors to design actionable, customized plans and attainable goals will improve the viability of your business.
Making the Most of a Community Capital Loan
- Business planning: Create a roadmap as to how to structure, manage and grow your business as it develops
- Financial projections: Forecast your business costs, sales, cash flow and income in order to anticipate and plan for whatever comes next
- Work plans: Organize around business tasks, projects or concepts for smooth operations
- Strategic direction: Create a course of action that reflects your vision, mission, strategy and goals to reflect your big picture
- Website design: Connect to the world with your products, services and story for the best branding, sales, and communication
- Social media training: Engage with past, present and future customers and reinforce your brand through powerful word-of-mouth networks
- QuickBooks classes: Learn basic bookkeeping and accounting skills and tools, to enable accurate financial management and decision making
- Financial management: Make the best decisions for your business related to taxes, investment and compensation
- Marketing, sales, and advertising assessments: Tell your story in the most cost-effectiveway, to the right people
- Technical infrastructure: Understand the best investments in technology as appropriate for your business
- Production, delivery, and operations: Find the best suppliers, and the most effective means of producing, sourcing, and delivering your product or service
- Succession and divestiture: Make the most of your investment with a profitable sale or transfer of ownership
Focus on QuickBooks for Long-term Business Success
Community Capital regularly provides borrowers across the state with free QuickBooks accounting training. These practical learning workshops are delivered by a certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor and the Business Advisory Services team. Each student is supplied with a laptop for the day of the training, and participants receive a complete QuickBooks manual. For more information please see the events section of our Facebook page or website events page.
Introduction to Quick Books
Introduction to QuickBooks is for participants new to QuickBooks, or those who would like to refresh and practice their basic skills. The class covers the Chart of Accounts, creating customers, invoices, and receiving payments, creating vendors, entering bills, making payments and printing checks; the check register, and many more QuickBooks tips and tricks.
QuickBooks Reconciliation, Taxes, and Reports
This intermediate-level class trains participants with some QuickBooks background to reconcile your bank statement using QuickBooks, calculate taxes includes sales, use, and rooms and meals, run reports, and read QuickBooks-generated financial statements.
A Success Story: Dave Kaczynski, Khaos Designs, HardwickDave’s appreciation of the natural world’s scenic beauty, inspiration from classic and contemporary art and architecture, and background in ornamental iron work are forged together in Khaos Designs. Dave’s jewelry creations are hand-wrought, making each piece unique from its inception. In the past eight years, Dave has been juried into dozens of fine craft shows throughout the region. His jewelry can be found at farmers’ markets, shows and galleries through Vermont and New England. Community Capital helped Dave purchase materials, relaunch his website, and build business infrastructure so that he could continue the work that he loves.
Are you ready to pursue your small business idea?
Give Community Capital a call, stop by our office in Barre, or fill out an online Loan Inquiry. Let’s connect and see if Community Capital business financing and business advisory support is right for you.
Investing in Entrepreneurs Statewide
Community Capital borrowers reflect the fabric of Vermont: authentic, innovative, service-oriented and invested in community.